Sunday, June 20, 2010

Books of My Choice!



GUT by Karen Salmonsohn
How to think from your middle to get to the top!
From my first impression of this book, I took it because of its price (Book Fest), second because of its short and simple writings and third because of the word "GUT". How do you define GUT?
"A gut feeling/reaction is one which is deeply felt but cannot completely be explained and is not necessarily decided by reasoning." Cambridge Dictionary
I bought about 10 books from the Book Fest in KLCC and this was the second book that I read because of the simplicity. The first one was the comic version of Tun Dr Mahathir that I recommended earlier.
To my surprise, the writer is a lady and she is a famous motivator. I seldom came accross famous female motivator and her writings is really fabulous! She has successfully expressed the inner voice of mine or maybe the voice of all women! I was so doubtful and thought this GUT and intuition in me was just not right. It is just unexplainable but she explained and expressed it well in this book! It was all in me all the while! We all have it, deep inside us if we know how to apply on it!
In the tradisional belief, it's called "LUCK" where people symbolise it with items. For example, they will use a coin to determine something to make a decission.
On the other hand, in the comtemporary belief, it's called "Law of Attraction". What you think will attract to you.
If you have this thinking of doubtful towards the process of understanding yourself better. This book has the answer to your questions and doubts!
And guess what, this book inpires me to write more books!! I'm all ready!!





Mahathir Mohamad - an illustrated biography by E.Yu

For 22 years since 1981 till June 22, 2002, he devoted his life to Malaysia. He had done more than we know by transforming Malaysia from an agricultural to an industrialised country; creating K-economy for national development, modernising Malaysia from our national car, Penang bridge, KLCC, KLIA, Sepang Formula 1 Racing Circuit, Cyberjaya, MSC to Putrajaya. He is none other than our very own Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the leader who deserves more than just respect and recognition as a former Prime Minister. He is the only politician which I admire and love very much even until today. No one is to replaced his contribution, dedicated and effort towards Malaysia.

Among some of the interesting life story of him includes:

"His first ambition was to become a clerk in a goverment office."

"After all the sour and pains during the Japanese Occupation, he decided to enter politics and do whatever he could to help his people and country."

"He realised that to be able to help his people, he must first be an important man of high standing in society. Two professions that could enable him to have his status were in law and medicine." And the story continues....










Rich Dad's Escape from the Rat Race by my Mentor Robert T.Kiyosaki

Highly recommended to all especially those who were not into reading. This was the first SELF-HELP book that I read from page 1 to the end! I have heard about Robert Kiyosaki for so long since 2003 when I involved in an MLM business. I "knew" about the cash flow (as I claimed) model stated in his book. However, I did not understand and apply the model whole heartedly. I have Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad's Poor Dad's book but it was read only on the first few pages. My excuse was no time to read or no mood to read. I hardly complete a book!

What really changed me was this book. Why? Because it is a comic version! This book is actually meant for kids and I am a "kid"! A "kid" with an adult appearance, I suppose! Hahaha.

My hubby knew that I was not into reading. He had tried many ways to encourage me to read! He tried for few years but failed to "force" me. We were into MLM business and we suppose to enhance ourselves with lots of knowledge. I only read quotes at that moment. I would never read a book full of words! They were just too bored! I love illustrations!

On Valentine's Day in 2005, he bought me this book. I didn't expect it was a HUGE IMPACT on me! I read this book and I fell in love with Robert Kiyosaki's model. I even managed to finished this book within one day (Of course, because it is a comic version!) The POWER of this book, I continued reading and my first OFFICIAL Self-Help book was Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad's Poor Dad's. This is followed by other books by Robert Kiyosaki. I had about 7 books of his! I have just received two more from my birthday and that gave me a total of 9 Robert Kiyosaki's books! That is why he is my MENTOR!

From this book, you will understand:

The concept of FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE :

"Most people think by getting a job they will suddenly become RICH" (especially fresh graduates)

As EMPLOYEES..

"They blame their boss for not paying them enough and go looking for a better job."

"They just accept a paycheck and wait for a raise, thinking that more money will solve the problem."

Definition of EMPLOYEE as described by Ernie Chen - "Walking slowly to the grave."

Don't miss out this GREAT book! This is how I started. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment